Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pusch Ridge Summit

Since this is my first post I might as well give a small introduction about me and my passion; mountains. I just have this thing for them. A glimpse look at a range or even one peak makes my mind spin with questions

How high is it? How long would it take to climb it? Could I mountain bike up it or would it be a straight hike? These are just a small sample of the question that arise in my brain after stumbling upon an image of a mountain.

So with that said I have to shamefully admit that the first time I climbed one of the Pusch Ridge Peaks was last Friday. As a Tucson native my whole life the scenery of the Pusch Ridge Peaks has dominated the eastern landscape from my northwest residences. Despite its low elevation of ~5,500 ft. it was a tough hike to the top especially since the town of Oro Valley starts at 2,600 ft. The hike took about 2.5 hours to get to the top with Mustafa dying and only about an hour to scramble down in time to get to work.

The view from the top is awesome. I wish we had more time as there is just so much terrain behind the mountains to explore. I'd definitely do this hike again and recommend bringing a nice amount of water. I used my entire camelback bladder of 100z as soon as I reached the car at the bottom. Here are some pictures I finally go around to uploading.

1 comment:

  1. Erice,
    Looks like quite a scramble. Nice pix.
    DB

    ReplyDelete